Below are some of the highlights from a recent trend seminar
In September Lise Hou Rasmussen from R&D LACTOSAN & Heidi Knudsen from LSIG marketing participated in a Food and Consumer Trend seminar. Based on this seminar we have listed 10 trends to follow in the next years to come.
As a macro trend in the Food sector we should expect the fusion kitchen and gourmet express to take the lead together with even more local kitchen. This trend is accompanied by:
- Clean eating (gluten free, organic, locally produced).
- Convenience (semi-convenience, To-go, digital convenience ie boxes with vegetables delivered to your door with recipes)
- Flexitarians (mix diets)
- Health (especially protein boosters, original food & life style).
Next comes: New Beginnings:
- Waste not! (packaging 100% re-cycable – second life)
- Anti-big (online market place for home cooked food)
- Purify (clean yourself – especially older companies - CSR strategies).
Shops without packaging (ie for fruits and vegetables)
- Free me (share the duties – pulling together – community).
Restaurants with ’home feeling’ – only 1 menu - the menu of the day.
- Fix me up – MEGATREND – a quest to the the best edition of yourself.
Products: SKYR, super snacks, Soylent (meal in liquid form especially for men)
- Revitalise – trend against all of the above – back to the classics/the safe - for instance the good old fashioned ice-cream cone only with new flavours.
Update the classics - make them healthier ie. almond milk.
(source: PEJGRUPPEN, September 2014)
If you want to know how SANOVO EGG GROUP can help make your products more functional then please do not hesitate to contact us.